Arranged in order of smallest to the largest.
Ascending order: 90 < 160 < 170 < 185 < 230
Arranged in order of Greatest to the smallest.
Descending order: 235 >195 >180 > 170 > 90
It refers to the positional value which defines a digits position.
Place Value of a digit in a number = Face Value × Position Value
Place value of 5 is 500, place value of 4 is 4000.
Steps to rounding off:-
Step1 – Check the digit of the place right to the place we have to round off.
Step2 – If this digit is greater than or equal to 5 add one to the digit in the left.
Step 3 – If this digit is less than five keep the digit to the left same.
- 99 is the greatest 2-digit number.
- 999 is the greatest 3-digit number
- 9999 is the greatest 4-digit number
- 1 million = 10 lakhs
- 10 million = 1 crore
- 100 million = 10 crores
- 1 billion = 100 crores or 1 Arab
- 1 kilometre (km) = 1000 Metres (m)
- 1 Metre (m) = 100 Centimetre (cm)
- 1 Centimetre (cm) = 10 Millimetre (mm)
- 1 Kilogram (kg) = 1000 Grams (gm)
- 1 Litre (l) = 1000 Millilitres (ml)
The roman numerals with the corresponding Hindi – Arabic numerals are:-
Use the following rules to get the values of given roman numerals:-
- If a symbol is repeated, its value is added as many times as it occurs.
- If a symbol of smaller value is written to the right of a symbol of greater value, we add its value to the value of the greater symbol.
- If a symbols V, L and D are never written to the left of a symbol of greater value.
- If a smaller numeral is placed between two larger numeral. It is always subtracted from the larger numeral immediately following it.
- If a bar is placed over a number, it is multiplied by 1000.