What is the full form of GATE?
GATE Full Form is Graduate Aptitude Test Engineering and is a national level engineering entrance examination. GATE is conducted jointly by the Indian instituted of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technology.
GATE is conducted every year usually in the month of January or February. The duration of this test is three hours and the exam is completely computer-based. The paper mainly tests the basic understanding of the candidate in undergraduate subjects of engineering. The GATE score is valid only for three years and reflects the relative knowledge of a candidate in a specific branch.
GATE Specialization Subjects
Here is the list of subjects covered in the GATE examination:
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Computer Science & Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
Eligibility Criteria for GATE
- Applicants should be a graduate from a recognized board or university or study in the last year of the engineering degree, i.e. B. Tech, B.E. B. Arch, and so on,
- Master’s degree holders or those in the final year of such programmes in any branch of Science or Mathematics or Statistics or Computer Applications or similar.
- An applicant is eligible by professional societies recognized by UPSC or AICTE, for instance, AMIE, AMICE as these degrees equal to B.E., B.Tech.
What is the type of Questions in the GATE Examination?
These 2 types of question patterns are following by Graduate Aptitude Test Engineering:
- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
MCQ carries 1 or 2 marks each in all articles and sections. These issues are objective, and each issue will have a choice of four answers, out of which the candidate has to mark the correct answer(s).
- Numerical Answer Questions (NAQ)
NAQ carries 1 or 2 marks each in all papers and sections. For these questions, an answer is a real number, that has to be entered by the candidate and no choices will be shown for this type of question.
You may also like: What is the full form of Medical?