Ever wondered why we have fog on some winter days and not all?
Or why a boiled egg becomes hard?
Or where does the salt in the sea water come from?
We’re quite certain you must have come across numerous such questions in your life, each of which would have genuinely intrigued you.
Mathematical and Scientific facts have been fascinating students and contributors since time immemorial. They widen the horizon of knowledge while arising curiosity in the minds of students to unearth the hidden truths behind such facts.
It is in this very context that SwifLearn is glad to announce the launch of a fascinating contest for the students – SwifLearn Genius!
Here’s everything you need to know about the contest.
What is the SwifLearn Genius Contest?
An online contest where students have to create a small 1-minute video explaining the science behind an everyday phenomenon of their liking.
Objective of the Contest?
- To arise the pleasure of discovering interesting Mathematical and Scientific facts among the students.
- To provide a platform for the students to express themselves and share their knowledge with others.
How to Submit the Entries?
The students can submit their entries by filling in the details in the Google form attached below.
Video Tips for the Students
- Use diagrams/charts/illustrations/props for a detailed explanation of the video.
- If possible, start the video by asking a question to pique curiosity among the viewers.
- Try using fewer words and keep the language as simple as possible.
- The video should be no longer than 90 seconds.
Contest Voting Guidelines
- Viewers can vote for their favourite entries by clicking the star button.
- Each user can vote for an entry only ONCE.
- We’ll host a running list of all the participants, their videos, and the number of votes received in decreasing order.
- The leaderboard will be visible on this blog page and will be updated twice a day – 11 AM and 6 PM.
- Top three videos with the highest number of votes between April 5-April 14, 2021 will be awarded an Amazon Kindle.
Update (April 9)
On the request from students who could upload their entries only recently, we are extending the contest timeline till Apr 14 – Wednesday. Hope you are able to make good use of this extra time to spread the pleasure of finding things out!
Doesn’t this sound exciting enough?
If YES, then what are you waiting for? Let your kid run their imagination wild and explore the joy of discovering interesting facts. And what more, help them stand a chance to grab an Amazon Kindle!
Here are the student entries so far!
The Value of Internet
Newton’s 3rd Law of Motion
How Birds Fly?
Electrolysis of Water
Opportunities in This Lockdown
Why Onions Make Us Cry!
How The Electricity Flows?
Surface Tension – Why copper flakes move away from the soap?
Why are Some People Left Handed
How A Mobile Touchscreen Works
Revaluation and Rotation
Vitamin D Creation
Why Can Bees Sting Only Once?
Different Layers of Atmosphere
Activity on Volcano
Magnetic Effect of Electric Current by Compass Needle
Types of Joints and Their Function
Why Are The Atoms Electrically Neutral?
Why The Sky is Blue?
Why And How Do Flowers Have A Nice Fragrance?
Why Space Craft is Covered with Gold Colour Sheets?
Science Behind The Sun
What is Light?
How Nails Grow?
Why Do We Age?
Why We Have Hiccups !
Tissues and Its Types